Saturday, September 25, 2010

I have to admit it's getting better...

I have The Beatles' Getting Better stuck in my head. I am feeling a lot better today than I have all week.

After my little post-break-up dream mess, I went to the gym. I had an amazing run and it got my mind off of everything. Then Ash and I went to Folly Beach. It was so relaxing. We ended up spending four hours there just listening to music. 

Then last night, Ash and I went out with my friend Chelsea and her roommate, Marian. Chelsea and I were in the same sorority, before I dropped, but never became friends friends until we worked together. Being from the North, I am always amazed at how different girls in the South are. I don't mean that in a bad way, we're just different breeds of womanhood haha. Chelsea is the epitome of a Southern Belle. She's really blond and beautiful, very "y'all" every other word, and a constant wearer of pearls and Jack Rogers. l I love her! We ended up going to this bar called Midtown. It was a really nice bar with no cover and a band playing nineties music. We had a really good time although the alcohol didn't sit too well with me at the end of the night. I only had three drinks! I think I didn't eat enough though and in general am a lightweight. Here's a picture of me and Ashlynn:

I spent most of the morning sleeping off the hangover, never fun, and then I woke up feeling a world of difference. Tonight Ashlynn and I are trying out Poe's Tavern on Sullivan's Island. I will definitely take lots of pictures and share.  Afterwards we're seeing Easy A. Its received decent reviews and I am a huge Emma Stone fan so it should be good. 

I also wanted to share a recipe with you all. Some of my favorite blogs are food blogs. My dad was a chef and he shared his love for food with me at a very early age. Although I've always liked to cook, it was college that gave me the opportunity to truly experiment with food. I got this Beef, Mushroom, and Onion Tart recipe from Better Homes and Gardens. It looks weird and sounds weird (Ashlynn made fun of me everytime I mentioned it) but it's absolutely delicious. I also apologize in advance for the photos because I'm not a great photographer nor do I have a great camera. 


Better Homes and Garden Beef, Mushroom, and Onion Tart
Ingredients:

  • 12-oz lean ground beef, 
  • 1 8-0z baby portobellas
  •  ½ medium red onions, cut into thin wedges
  •  ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper
  •  1 13.8-oz package of refridgerated pizza dough
  •  3 oz crumbled blue cheese
  • pizza seasoning and oregano.

Directions: 

  • Heat oven to 425 degrees. In a 12-inch skillet, cook beef; mushrooms; and ovens over medium heat about 8 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper. 
  • Meanwhile grease a large baking sheet or line with parchment. Unroll dough on backing sheet. Roll or pat dough to a 15X12 inch rectangle.
  •  Top beef mixture onto dough. Fold edges over filling, pleating as needed. 
  • Bake 15 minutes and top with blue chese, oregano, and pizza seasoning.

Estimated Nutrition: 525 calories. 23g fat, 74mg cholestral, 1,041 mg sodium, 49g carbs 2g fiber, 31 g protein.
I really liked this even though it was messy. I would love to try making it again with strips of flank steak instead of ground beef and make my tart a bit thinner. 

On that delicious note, I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week.

Truly,
Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment